We all know that some marriages end because of something that went wrong in the relationship but, do we talk about the ones that last?
I love John Gottman's idea about making friendship the foundation of your marriage. I love his quote from John Gottman's book seven principles for making marriage work " Friendship fuels the flames of romances because it offers the best protection against feeling adversarial toward your spouse."
I think Gottman definition of friendship means working on your relationship by making new memories by doing things you love doing and trying new things that you haven't done before.
I have six brothers, and four of them are married. They have shown me how marriages come in all shapes and sizes. My oldest brother Jeremy and his wife, love hiking and photography. My second oldest brother Tyler and his wife, just love adventures, nothing in specific just adventures. Then my brother Aaron and his wife love to play video games so much so that their little son can beat me at Mario Cart. All of my brothers have wonderful marriages, but none of them are similar except for one thing. They were friends before they were married, and they continue to kindle their friendships. My brothers are wonderful examples for me.
My husband and started our relationship off with adventures and doing things that both of us love. One thing that we loved doing was taking quizzes to see what we had in common and then do something with that common interest.

No comments:
Post a Comment