Saturday, May 11, 2019

How to stay strong in your beliefs on marriage while loving people like Christ would.

Marriage between a man and a woman is what many people know days would say is the traditional way of thinking. They would also argue that we need to get with the times and acknowledge that the world has changed for the good in so many other ways from traditional ways of thinking.
Before addressing all of these ideas, I think the most important thing to do first is to find where you stand with marriage then decided how you are going to love people that disagree with you. After reading more and understanding different views from many different people I want first to say that I believe that a child has the best chances in life if they are raised with a good father and a good mother. Heavenly Father put Adam and Eve down on this earth together as an example to us on how he wanted his children to raise families here on earth. We have also been given "The Family Proclamation to The World" that our prophets and Apostles have given to help guide us on what God expects from us.
That being said, I am so grateful for anyone that follows the Saviors example and "loves one another." This was Christ first and great commandment if we don't follow his first commandment then are we really his disciples? I have had several friends who have identified themselves as gay. Do I love them any less? No, I love them just like any other friend of mine but, do I keep my mouth shut when they are discussing things that I disagree with? Absolutely not.
My favorite quote from this week was from "Disciples of Jesus Christ - Defenders of  Marriage"  by Russel M. Nelson he said " Many of your neighbors, colleagues, and friends will have never heard logical and inspired truths about the importance of marriage as God Himself defined it. You will have many opportunities to strengthen understanding of the Lord’s side of that argument by the eloquence of your examples, both as individuals and as families."  
This quote is my favorite because we need to get our thoughts out there. Heavenly Father doesn't want us to just wait for things to happen but he wants us to be active and MAKE things happen. Many of our friends and family will struggle with the identity of marriage and how it should be. That's okay but we have to make sure that we help them understand God's opinion of marriage.
Does this mean that you will change their minds on the definition of marriage?  Probably not, but at least they will know where you stand, and you will know where they stand and live in harmony.

No comments:

Post a Comment